Ohiopyle-Laurel Highlands Lizard Map
The latest Lizard Map is here!!
The Ohiopyle-Laurel Highlands Lizard Map covers Forbes State Forest and some of the most popular outdoor recreational playgrounds in Pennsylvania. This map covers the area from Smithton, PA, in the northwest (Exit 49 on I-70) to the Quemahoning Reservoir at Route 219 and Route 30 in the northeast. From there it extends south to the PA-MD state line, including the Savage Tunnel on the GAP and the Quebec Wild Area by Uniontown, PA, at a scale of 1:87,000. The opposite side is a detailed map of Ohiopyle State Park, showing the trail systems and river access at a scale of 1:27,200.
This beautiful region includes state parks, quaint mountain and river towns, and tons of opportunity for outdoor recreation, family activities and visiting historic sites. Hiking, biking, boating, camping - this part of Pennsylvania has it all!
Located within 200 miles of several major metro areas including Pittsburgh, Washington D.C., Baltimore, Cleveland and Columbus, Ohiopyle offers something for every outdoor enthusiast.
- Hundreds of miles of beautiful trails, mountain creeks, streams, and rivers
- Most of Forbes State Forest (from Rt 30 south)
- 46 miles of the Laurel Highlands Hiking Trail from Ohiopyle to the Route 30 Shelters.
- Over 80 miles of the Great Allegheny Passage trail from I-70 to the PA-MD State line.
- So many State Parks: Laurel Ridge, Laurel Hill, Laurel Summit, Laurel Mountain, Linn Run, Kooser and Ohiopyle State Parks
- Quebec Run Wild Area and Roaring Run Natural Area
- Mount Davis - the highest point in Pennsylvania at 3,213 feet!
- Youghiogheny River and the Youghiogheny River Lake
- National Park Service sites: Fort Necessity, Jumonville Glen and the Flight 93 Memorial.
- The towns of Uniontown, Connellsville, Donegal, Somerset, Rockwood, Meyersdale, Confluence, and more!
Real Maps for Real World Adventures
Purple Lizard makes truly exquisite maps so you can have the best outdoor recreation experience possible!
All Lizard maps are built for real world outdoor experiences - a waterproof, adventure proof topographic resource, featuring shaded relief and contour lines showing elevation, and all the key details you need to plan an outstanding adventure: trail info, camping info, road surfaces and more.
Retail price on the Ohiopyle-Laurel Highlands Lizard Map is $17.00, dealer cost is $9.00: a 47% margin!